Fundamentals of Agile for Project Managers, Fall 2019
Agile methods are in great demand and here's a great opportunity to learn more.
This course presents the tenets of Agile methods using the Scrum framework as a primary example to demonstrate Agile approaches, benefits, and challenges. This course is intended for those who wish to learn about Agile prior to adoption or who would like to tweak their traditional lifecycle approach so as to attain more flexibility and adaptability.
Are you a traditional project manager who needs to know more about Agile? In this training we will review the Agile values and principles as well as different Agile methodologies. The Scrum methodology will be focused on in more detail with topics on implementation, roles and responsibilities, and how to manage projects within Scrum. Other topics will cover the typical challenges Agile for teams as well as traditional project managers who are new to Agile. Also, there will be a brief discussion on tools that can help teams and also project managers who are using the Agile methodology.
For projects in which the requirements are continuously changing, you may need a more proactive project management approach; Agile!
|Date:||Friday, September 27th|
|Location:||The Project Solvers' Training Facility in East Rochester|
Lunch is included in the course fee.
HOW YOU'LL BENEFIT
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify basic concepts, core values, and methodologies of Agile
- Address the myths, challenges, and benefits of Agile
- Define the Scrum methodology
- Execute Sprint ceremonies using Scrum tools and techniques
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- This course is intended for Project Managers, Program Managers, or anyone who wants to efficiently manage projects that experience frequent changes in user requirements. It is ideal for those who would like an introduction to Agile methods (esp. Scrum), learn the pros/cons, and understand the steps necessary to manage an Agile project. For those already managing Agile/Scrum projects it may be too high-level.
WHAT IS COVERED
After this course you should be able to:
- Provide an overview of Agile methods
- Describe the Values of Agile
- Describe the Principles of Agile
- Identify Methodologies of Agile
Using and Managing Scrum
- Identify Roles and Responsibilities in Scrum
- Implement the Scrum Process
- Estimating a Scrum Project
- Track Scrum Projects
- Communication in Scrum Projects
- Best Practices to Manage Scrum
Understanding Critical Success Factors to Implement Agile
- List Risks in Agile Projects
- Myths About Agile - What's the difference between a Project Manager and a Scrum Master?
- List the Challenges in Agile
- List the Benefits of Agile